Advertisement

Just Correct, Ralphie May, Produced and Directed by Michael Bloom

Just Correct, Ralphie May,                                    Produced and Directed by Michael Bloom Today October 6, 2017, we mourn the loss of Ralphie May, one of my favorite comedians of all time, and my friend. Working with him on the couple projects we did together was fun, and memorable. We always talked about a TV series, but his busy schedule, as well as my own, never allowed our paths to intersect. Directing his first comedy special "Just Correct" after finishing Last Comic Standing was a real honor and privilege. Just Correct continues to be one of my favorite career projects. He was blessed with so much including his wife and kids. Ralphie will be sorely missed by millions.

Ralphie wanted to shoot his performance 4 times. Generally, the (6) camera packages, we provided shooting once through is really enough. Four is a bit over the top but to his credit, I'm so glad we did. It gave me the front row of his show 3 times I was able to be a fan watching:-) and every time I did, it felt like laughing for the first time for his humor. This Television Special followed the completion of season 1 for Last Comic Standing, a comedy series based on an earlier creation of my own titled National Lampoon's Collegiate Comedy Pop Off. I enjoyed directing this project very much. I felt it was an outstanding show and Ralphie kills every time. Thanks, Ralphie, you will always be remembered.

A bit of trivia: National Lampoon's Collegiate Comedy Pop Off was the first stand up comedy competition ever to be on television making it the first Reality Show years before it was labeled as a new genre. It's on the record as the first. I'm sure one day when my grandchildren are watching something on TV, this will be acknowledged as such. Of course, only after my passing (damn those folks).



Michael Bloom
Producer/Director

Last Comic Standing (TV Program),Ralphie May (TV Personality),Jay Mohr (TV Writer),National Lampoon Incorporated (Business Operation),HBO (TV Network),TBS (Production Company),Solaris Entertainment,Michael Bloom,Comedy Central (TV Network),Comedy (Film Genre),

Post a Comment

0 Comments