Advertisement

Slugging Away

Slugging Away I sold the inexpensive pump and finally got my dream shotgun, a Blackwater 930 Auto. The two holes on the right are from the slugs, while the ones on the left are from the plastic wads that separate each slug from the gunpowder. This plastic might cause pain but not pierce or injure. Federal makes the slugs I'm shooting here, and they are more powerful than any other slug made by either this huge company, Winchester, or Remington. I blame my evaluation apprehension, being the focus of the camera, for the less than ideal shot placement. More relaxed, I have done well with them at 50 and 75 yards. They are excellent for hunting medium-large game, and would certainly function on bipeds as well, though they would be an absurd overkill unless Ironman is attacking. What I like about them is the resounding boom they make, as well as the flame burst, since both bring more fun at the range. This gun will hold 7 of these shells at once, and all 7 could be fired within 2 seconds, but two or three successive booms is enough of a system shock for my taste.

Slugging

Post a Comment

0 Comments