Advertisement

How Including Foreground Interest Can Add Depth to Your Landscape Photographs

How Including Foreground Interest Can Add Depth to Your Landscape Photographs In this video I visit Loughrigg Fell overlooking Grasmere in the Lake District to talk about how including foreground interest can add depth to your landscape photographs.

My top tips for adding depth to your images are:
- look for scenes with a distinct foreground and background
- set the camera low to the ground to exaggerate the foreground
- shoot in portrait orientation to exaggerate a bottom to top composition
- use a wide angle lens to further exaggerate the foreground
- try to balance the foreground and background so that neither is too dominant
- use a small aperture such as f/11 for maximum sharpness
- focus at the hyperfocal distance to maximise depth of field
- use a polariser to remove glare from the foreground
- look for foregrounds with natural leading lines
- avoid walking on the foreground if at all possible

#LandscapePhotography

Follow me on...
- Facebook -
- Twitter -
- Instagram -

If you would like to book a 1-2-1 mentoring session with me over Skype full details can be found on my website...


If you are interested in buying one of my landscape photography prints please check out my shop...


If you are interested in the gear that I use for landscape photography check out my website...


If you enjoy my content and would like to support me on my journey you are able to make a donation via my Ko-Fi page...

landscape photography,lake district,add depth,foreground interest,how to use a wide angle lens,

Post a Comment

0 Comments