Advertisement

Cicero, On Friendship | Limits on Loyalty to Friends | Philosophy Core Concepts

Cicero, On Friendship | Limits on Loyalty to Friends | Philosophy Core Concepts Get Cicero's On Friendship -
Support my work here -
Philosophy tutorials -

This is a video in my new Core Concepts series -- designed to provide students and lifelong learners a brief discussion focused on one main concept from a classic philosophical text and thinker.

This Core Concept video focuses on Marcus Tullius Cicero's work On Friendship, specifically on his discussion of the limits we ought to observe when friends ask us to do wrong, unjust, injurious, or harmful actions. Friends may ask us to do these things out of a sense of loyalty or affection towards them, or even demand them as a test of that.

If you'd like to support my work producing videos like this, become a Patreon supporter! Here's the link to find out more - including the rewards I offer backers:

You can also make a direct contribution to help fund my ongoing educational projects, by clicking here:

If you're interested in philosophy tutorial sessions with me - especially on Cicero's thought and works - click here:

You can find the copy of the text I am using for this sequence on Cicero's On Friendship here -

Lecture,Lesson,Talk,Education,Sadler,Philosophy,Learning,Reason,

Post a Comment

0 Comments